Comparing Gel Nails and Acrylic Nails
Women who are particular about beauty will normally want good looking nails as well. Beautifying the nails can be done in different ways. One can apply nail polish or paint to enhance their look. However, salons offer another way, which is applying acrylic nails and gel nails. People who will see them on you will not be able to see the difference. They both look really natural and beautiful.
These artificial nails can easily be found in various beauty stores and shops. You may be thinking that they are expensive. The truth however is they are not. These stuffs are highly affordable. You can make use of them whenever you go to parties or attend special events.
When you go to nail salons, you might be asked to choose between acrylic and gel nails. Both of them will give your hands a superb look. In some ways, they have differences. Which among them is the best for you will depend on your preference. If you want a more natural look, gel nails are more suitable for you. They will also cause less damage to your natural fingernails. Furthermore, they will also bring forth a shiny and clear finish. They will also not cause any odor to emit, unlike when you’re wearing acrylic nails. However, gel nails are a bit more expensive than their acrylic counterpart. In addition to this, they require more maintenance.
- Acrylic nails consists of 2 parts: liquid (monomer) and powder (polymer)
- Ultra violet lamp not needed to cure
- Acrylic nails are stronger
- They are easier to remove by soaking
- Acrylic nails cost less than gel nails
- You can fill your nails every 2-3 weeks on how your nails grow
- Gel liquid has a thick viscosity
- Ultra violet lamp is commonly needed to cure
- Gel nails are ticker
- Gel nails are usually filled off to remove them
- Gel nails cost more than acrylic nails
- Gel nails needs less filling and also depends on how fast your nails grow.
Applying artificial nails can be done at home; however, if you do not know yet how to place the artificial nails on your fingers, it will be best to go to a salon and let a gel nail or acrylic nail technician do it for you. You can also let these professionals remove them to avoid damage. Once you are sure you know how to do it yourself without damaging your natural nails; that will be the time that you can do the task at home.